St Edmund Arrowsmith Catholic Centre for Learning SEND Information Report – January 2017
The revised SEN Code of Practice (DfE, April 2014) states:
'The governing bodies of maintained schools and maintained nursery schools and the proprietors of academy schools must publish information on their websites about the implementation of the governing body’s or the proprietor’s policy for pupils with SEND.' (p 93)
This report is designed to be an easy to understand document which provides additional information to enable parents/carers and other interested parties to understand the school’s provision for our students. Please refer to the centre’s Additional Needs policy. If you cannot find the information you need please contact school on 0151 477 8770 or me directly at email@example.com.
1. St Edmund Arrowsmith Cathlic Centre for Learning (CCFL) has an inclusive philosophy. You can attend St Edmund Arrowsmith CCFL if you live in the area irrespective of any disability and/or special educational need. For young people who are from other areas and neighbouring Local Authorities an individual discussion is advised. Admission arrangements follow Knowsley LA Policy – individual cases are encouraged to arrange an individual meeting with AEN department staff by calling 0151 477 8770 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .
2. We aim for open and transparent communication and consultation with parents/carers and young people, as well as other professionals, throughout your association with St Edmund Arrowsmith CCFL. We always prefer to meet and discuss things face-to-face. E-mail is also useful, as it allows for clear communication that can be referred back to if required. The department staff have a wide range of experience in working with and support others to manage special needs. To arrange a meeting please contact Mrs J Woodward (Mon to Thurs) or Mrs C Finn (Friday)
3. All discussions and decisions involving the young people at St Edmund Arrowsmith CCFL will involve them directly. We will always engage the young people in the most appropriate manner, and respect their views on how they wish to participate.
4. We undertake a range of screening and assessments ‘in-house’ as part of our school provision. We are more than happy to discuss these individually to ensure specific areas of need are assessed in line with our personalised approach to identification and support. Our work is always solution-focussed and outcome driven. Please contact us directly for specific information relating to individual needs. EHC transitions are being conducted in conjunction with Knowsley LA who can be contacted on 0151 443 5141.
5. Preparation for adulthood has always been a strong focus of the work done for all young people at St Edmund Arrowsmith CCFL. The centre has its own careers advisor Mrs A Cleary who supports all students with their choices and transition to college. She can be contacted at email@example.com.
6. All staff at St Edmund Arrowsmith CCFL are corporately responsible for the education, development and support of young people with SEND. Staff have had appropriate training and professional development relating to SEND, Quality First and Inclusive teaching. Information is provided to all staff via our SIMS system on individual needs and strategies to support SEND pupils.
7. St Edmund Arrowsmith CCFL is a fully accessible site for young people and adults who are wheelchair users and has facility for supporting personal care and medical needs.
8. St Edmund Arrowsmith CCFL operates a personalised approach to the curriculum for young people with SEND. As always, a personal discussion with regard to individual needs is recommended.
9. The SEND department is able to access to a range of specialists including Speech & Language, Physiotherapy, Educational Psychology, the Neurodevelopmental pathway and CAMHS. Staff have excellent links with the LA and other specialist providers.
The Local Offer can be found on the Knowsley Council website click HERE
Initial consultation period November 2016
Posted onto website March 2017
Jane E Woodward, Additonal Needs Co-ordinator. & Carol Finn, Assistant AENCo
In this section
- Archdiocese Report / Information
- Assessment Information
- Careers Information
- Letters for Parents
- School Trips
- Statutory Information
- Structure of the school day / School Term Dates
- Teaching and Learning at SEA
- Term Dates Information 2018/19
- Uniform/PE Kit
- Year 10 and 11 Information Evenings
- Year 11 Exam Information & Revision
- School Improvement