The Key Stage 3 English Curriculum aims to build on the skills developed in Key stage 2 whilst introducing a greater level of challenge: in both year 7 & 8 students will study a 19th century novel; 2 Shakespeare plays and a range of quality fiction and non-fiction extracts from spanning across different time periods. Within these units of study, students will continue to develop their retrieval, inference and analytical skills as well as write in a range of styles for different purposes.
Students at Key Stage 4 study the AQA English Language and English Literature courses. Please follow the link below for further details.
Please see the documents below for further details of the English curriculum and an assessment overview for both KS3 and KS4.
- Name Size
- English Curriculum 2017 2018 0.09 MB
- Assessment overview KS3 0.07 MB
- Assessment Overview KS4 0.06 MB
In this section
- Statutory Information
- Careers Information
- Exam Information & Revision
- Teaching and Learning at SEA
- School Trips
- Uniform/PE Kit
- Year 10 and 11 Information Evenings
- Letters for Parents
- Archdiocese Report / Information
- Structure of the school day / School Term Dates