The Key Stage 3 English Curriculum aims to build on the skills developed in Key stage 2 whilst introducing a greater level of challenge: in both year 7 & 8 students will study a 19th century novel; 2 Shakespeare plays and a range of quality fiction and non-fiction extracts from spanning across different time periods. Within these units of study, students will continue to develop their retrieval, inference and analytical skills as well as write in a range of styles for different purposes.
Students at Key Stage 4 study the AQA English Language and English Literature courses. Please follow the link below for further details.
Please see the documents below for further details of the English curriculum and an assessment overview for both KS3 and KS4.
Top Tips to encourage reading
You can spot a reluctant reader by putting a book in their hands. Five minutes later they'll be gazing out of the window, wriggling on the floor, or doing anything but reading the words on the page!
- Name Size
- English Curriculum 2017 2018 0.09 MB
- Assessment overview KS3 0.07 MB
- Assessment Overview KS4 0.06 MB
- Books with Hooks booklist 1 1.02 MB
- Comics manga and graphic novels booklist 0.46 MB
- Gifted and talented booklist 0.65 MB
- Non fiction booklist 8 11 1 0.55 MB
- Non fiction booklist ages 12 2010 0.54 MB
- ROGO Top tips for parents to encourage reading enjoyment 0.24 MB
In this section
- Archdiocese Report / Information
- Careers Information
- Letters for Parents
- School Trips
- Statutory Information
- Structure of the school day / School Term Dates
- Teaching and Learning at SEA
- Uniform/PE Kit
- Year 10 and 11 Information Evenings
- Year 11 Exam Information & Revision